Sunday, March 10, 2013

Saturday Brunch

Yesterday, one of my best friends came to visit.  We went on an Irish Pub Crawl that lasted the entire day. Knowing what we were getting ourselves into, I decided to prepare a brunch for all of us before we took off on our little pub journey.

The usual bacon, eggs, and toast were served, but, I made a few special additions that were so quick and easy... it only took me only an hour to prepare before they arrived.

I love blueberries. I love blueberries in any breakfast format... muffins, pancakes, donuts. You name it. This recipe took just 45 minutes total to prepare and they came out perfect! I added another 1/4 cup of blueberries into the batter.  The more the better.  I especially loved the cinnamon sugar crunchy topping. Don't even make a muffin if it doesn't have sugar on top.

I'm not a huge fan of melon in a fruit salad.  It just doesn't do much for me... and I think most agree.  This fruit salad I prepared contains all of my favorites and gave us all the energy we needed for the rest of the day. I simply cut up two bananas, 1 cara cara orange and then added blueberries and raspberries.

The toast, bacon, & eggs were prepared after my guests arrived, but, here's a shot of the table before they came in. Orange juice, water, coffee, and a nicely set table will make everyone feel at home. (plus, the right Irish accessories to get us in the mood for a fun filled day)

Have an awesome Sunday... enjoy the extra hour of light. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment