Here's what I added and what makes these ingredients SO HEALTHY.
- ground flax meal: You've probably heard of flax seeds/meal. What you may not know is that you don't really see the health benefits of flax unless it is ground up. This little tbs added a big dose of omega-3's, antioxidants, & fiber.
- sunflower seeds: These little seeds provide significant amounts of vitamin E, magnesium and selenium. Vitamin E is an antioxidant, has anti-inflammatory properties, & has been known to lower cholesterol.
- blueberries: I love blueberries. Frozen berries are pretty much just as healthy as fresh. They are frozen immediately rather than sitting on a truck for a week. Anyway, as you probably already know, blueberries are extremely high in antioxidants.
- wheat germ: Just a couple tbs has a decent amount of protein, iron, folic acid, potassium, and vitamin E. Not sure why we don't see more about wheat germ. My 90+ year old great grandfather ate it throughout most of his life. He's 90-something!
- cinnamon: This flavor enhancer has one of the highest antioxidant levels out of any food! It also helps control blood sugar. Bring it on.
Have a great night. xo